Thursday, June 3, 2010

Study

I just bit the bullet, yesterday I contacted my University and asked if I could come back to complete my Grad Dip. I haven’t done any work on it since 2008. While it is great that I passed the Lactation Consultant exam, sadly that isn’t a career path for me out here in the bush. I’ll probably be lucky to make enough money to pay for my professional affiliation, let alone anything to actually spend on the family, so really IBCLC is a hobby for me. I need a career on top of it, and I have just over half a professional qualification, time to finish it, and maybe go back to work when possum is in full time school.

So as of July I’ll be back to studying, three units to go, I aim to finish at the end of 2011, and then maybe get a part time job in my local library and wait for the librarian to decide to move on. I spoke to her the other day, and she certainly doesn’t plan on staying here for ever, she’ll probably move on when her daughter hits High School, so maybe my career will pan out in about 2015. I hope she stays long enough for me to finish the degree and get some experience, so I can do the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment