Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Just Good Luck

My kids are wonderful, yes I am biased. I was chatting with another mum the other day and we were saying how lucky we were that out kids were so well behaved, and we didn’t know what we had done wrong when they misbehaved, because of course all kids are good and bad. I thought about it for a minute, you can’t have it both ways, well actually mums don’t get it either way. If the kids are good it is luck, if they are bad it is something we have done wrong. It’s a lose lose situation.

My kids are all good looking, now this is really good luck, they have somehow managed to get all the good genes from both of us, well except for teeth, they have lucked out there. So their looks truly are good luck, after all physically it is a bit of a lucky dip. My kids are also really well behaved, most of the time, and I like to think that this is more than just luck. I think it is the result of the time and effort I have put into them over the past 15 years. OK, so I’m lucky I can afford to be a stay at home mum, but then again, we have chosen to live simply so that we can live on one income. We have four kids in a three bedroom house, we don’t have lots of electronic stuff, our TV is small, our car is old. We choose these things so that we can afford to live on one income and I can afford to spend time with the kids. I really do think we are benefiting from all the time I put in, I don’t think it is all down to luck.

So please think about how wonderful your kids are and claim the good as well as the bad. The good isn’t all luck and the bad isn’t all our fault, both are a combination of luck and the way we have brought the kids up.

No comments:

Post a Comment