Sunday, June 13, 2010

It doesn't rain, it pours

Life has suddenly got busy. Possum is three, so I was beginning to get a little bored with full time stay at home mum. I made plans, re-enrolled at Uni, to finish my Grad Dip, I have three units to go, so should be finished in 18 months. I volunteered to help some research at said Uni (filled in and posted off the relevant paperwork), it should be fun, all about supporting breastfeeding mums and the difference good quality, easily available support can make, I’m the good quality support. I increased my commitment to helping train breastfeeding counsellors, I promised to run a unit in July, September and November. Then, just when I thought I would be busy enough, I had a phone call from a new mum in town, and as a result am seriously considering restarting ABA group meetings here in town. Then Mum noticed a job add, so now ….. Well now I have a job opportunity too good to miss. So from having nothing to do except play with Possum, now I’m going to be lucky to have time to play with him. Still we need the money and hubby can shift his work hours to look after Possum for 12 hours a week. Life will be busy, but then hubby is good around the house, at least the house will get some work done while I’m away.

8 posts in 8 days

Well its day 13, and it looks like I only managed 8 posts in 8 days, good thing I didn’t commit myself to it. I knew it would be hard, staying at home with kids keeps you busy, but it doesn’t really inspire extra thought. Maybe if I had done it in July, when I’m going to be so busy, I doubt I’ll have time to sit at the computer and blog. I’ll have to keep you all up to date. I’m so impressed with those who have managed to keep up the post count. Of course I didn’t really commit to it, so maybe I would have done better if I had promised the whole world I would do it, rather than just promising myself that I would give it a go. Big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment