Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Joy

The other morning I was listening to the radio and they were interviewing this bloke who writes a blog about awesomeness. It seemed like such a wonderful idea, posting about all the things that go right in your day and that make you feel great. So I’m going to give it a try. However, I’m not really into the word Awesome, it just doesn’t flow with me, so I thought about it for a while, and then I was chatting with the kids about Joyfulness and it struck me, Joy is the word for me.

As ‘Abdu’l-Baha says:
Joy gives us wings! In times of joy our strength is more vital, our intellect keener, and our understanding less clouded. We seem better able to cope with the world and to find our sphere of usefulness. But when sadness visits us we become weak, our strength leaves us, our comprehension is dim and our intelligence veiled. The actualities of life seem to elude our grasp, the eyes of our spirits fail to discover the sacred mysteries, and we become even as dead beings.

Joy is so important and all around us. Hard things seem easier and good things seem better when we are feeling joy. So I am now looking for joy all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment