Monday, December 7, 2009

Trampoline


I always wanted a trampoline, every child should have one. Get the feeling I missed out as a child. Well I’m missing out no longer. Yes, last week we bought the kids a trampoline. We tossed up about how big to get it, which size, what shape, which brand. In the end we bought it from our local sports store, so the question became “how big?” They range in size from 8 feet to 16 feet, first problem, we don’t speak feet, we speak metres. So we carefully stepped it out in the back yard and decided that yes, the 16 footer would just fit. Thought some more, and decided that if the whole family was to use it, and if Amber wasn’t to outgrow it in a few years, the 16 footer would be best.

Fast forward to last Friday, we finally collected it and put it up. Well a 16 foot diameter trampoline is bigger than we thought. Yes it does fit our yard, but only just, thank goodness its at quarter acre block. The trampoline is huge, the whole family could fit on it, twice, maybe three times.

It is so much fun. The hardest part is convincing everyone that two or three at a time is not good, there is just so much space it feels perfectly safe. But more than one at a time is just an accident waiting to happen. I am enjoying it, but it is harder to bounce on than I remember. Not sure if that is because the net is so much bigger I need to put more energy into it to get a bounce, or if it is just because I am bigger and a lot less fit than I was at 16 on my best friends tramp when visiting her on holidays. I suspect its because I’m bigger and a lot less fit, well a lot bigger too, but hopefully the tramp will help there. Hopefully it will help Techno Boy with his incipient wait problem too. I have trouble getting him off it.

No comments:

Post a Comment