Sunday, October 10, 2010

Little Moon

I have always used cloth nappies on my kids. It never occurred to me to use disposables, I just couldn't see the sense of it, so much money down the drain and so much in landfill.

With Possum, I just didn't have time for all that washing and folding, so I started looking for modern cloth nappies, these don't need folding, they just come as you wear them. While looking for these, I discovered reusable menstrual products. It had never occurred to me that disposable pads were also a waste of money and filling up landfill. I just accepted that that was how I did it.

However, the discovery that lovely pads could be bought online, just like lovely nappies, changed my thinking. So I purchased a heap and love them, they are very comfortable, and so easy to wash. However, while looking into reusable pads, I also found the concept of the menstrual cup. It took me a bit longer to come round to these, however, I bought one recently, and it is the best purchase I have made in years. I love my lunette, it is so comfortable, and I can do anything while wearing it (well almost) and don't have to worry about leakage. I am looking forward to swimming all summer, without having to take a few days off every month.

Life is looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment