Friday, July 2, 2010

Well, I didn't get the job


On the 13th of June I blogged about how busy my life was about to get, with a job in the offing. I applied for the job and on the next Wednesday I had an interview, at very short notice. Luckily hubby could look after Possum at 1:30 so I could sell myself to the local librarian. Sadly someone else with better qualifications came along. They were looking for someone to run the kids programs and she has early childhood qualifications. Of course I haven’t finished my library studies yet, so don’t out rank her. So luckily (yes it is good news) I don’t have a job yet. The only reason I applied was that it was a permanent job, if I had got the job it would have been extremely inconvenient for us now, but terrific for our future. I really can’t afford a job for at least 12 months, maybe 18 when Possum starts full time pre primary.

I’m looking forward to studying this coming semester, should be great, and glad that I won’t have to fit it around work as well as family. Interestingly enough one of my great friends from school has recently started working at my University, luckily she won’t be teaching the units I’m enrolled in, otherwise it might have been a bit tricky. Still I’m so proud of her for doing so well with her library career, it is great to see your friends succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment