Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Excitement

The 16th of October is here at last (OK, its after that now, but it took a while to set things up), a date I’ve been awaiting since late July when I sat the exam. I logged onto the website to check my results, and after a bit of searching, found the results file. Of course my secret exam results code would start with P, so I scrolled down 12 pages of codes followed by pass/fail. I think the results are about 3:1, so I began to worry for the first time, since sitting the exam. I remembered the slight concern I felt as I was among the first to leave both the morning and afternoon session. I had answered every question, and checked them twice before permission was given to leave. I glanced across at another candidate and she was still less than half way through, I could tell by which page she was on the answer book, but I couldn’t think of any reason to stay. So today I was watching all of those Fails pass me by, they looked so big and final. Finally reached my number and there it was PASS, yes I passed a very important exam, one that will hopefully impact the rest of my life, and give me the chance of an exciting and enjoyable career path out here in the sticks. Time to lift the phone and organise a job. What was the exam you ask, why the excitement, because I can now put the letters IBCLC after my name, I am now an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, so I can get paid for doing something I love so much I’ve been doing it for free for the past 11 years. Now I just need to convince the local community health office that they need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment